The physical test area of IK4-AZTERLAN is designed to deal with all kinds of mechanical characterization tests. For this, it has top level equipment compliant with the most stringent test standard requirements.
The tests available in this area are as follows:
1. Tension test.
2. Compression test.
3. Hardness test (Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers).
4. Three point bending test.
5. Charpy impact test.
6. Instrumented Charpy impact test Dynamic analysis.
7. Fatigue tests.
8. Fracture toughness tests, KIC, JIC, Fracture Crack grouth Rates and CTOD tests.
9. Torque-Tension tests.
10. Welder and welding procedure qualification tests.
The following are among the most relevant sets of equipment:
Jose María Murua
Technological Services Manager
José Antonio Goñi
Structural Characterisation Department Coordinator
Non Destructive Testing Department Coordinator
Chemical Department Coordinator
Corrosion and Protection Department Coordinator
Mechanical Testing Department Coordinator
Cryogenic Treatment Department Coordinator