IK4-AZTERLAN will present at GIFA 2019 its latest developments in casting technologies linked to the “Foundry of the Future”
The stand of the Technology Center specialized in metallurgy and advanced manufacturing technologies will be located in Hall 16 Stand F01.
From June 25th to 29th IK4-AZTERLAN will take part in the international exhibition GIFA 2019 focused on foundry technologies, where the Metallurgy Research Centre will present its latest technological developments and capabilities oriented to improve the competitiveness of foundry companies.
Under the slogan “Shaping the Foundry of the Future” IK4-AZTERLAN will bring to GIFA 2019 its expertise and knowledge to facilitate the transformation of foundries into the “Foundry of the Future”, with efficient productive processes aimed at a zero-defect philosophy, which is prepared to approach the increasing demands of the market.
With that purpose, IK4-AZTERLAN will bring to GIFA 2019 its advanced technological solutions in the fields of metallurgical quality, process and product optimization and the development and implementation of industry 4.0 technologies (metallurgical software, predictive control systems, digitalization and traceability systems).
High expertise in casting technologies
generation of knowledge to be transferred later on to the industry is
part of the mission of IK4-AZTERLAN Metallurgy Research Centre. As a
technology center focused on metallurgy and advanced manufacturing
technologies its research lines are oriented to give response to the
challenges of metal-mechanical transformation companies and their
customer sectors, with a high expertise in casting technologies.
The technological capabilities of IK4-AZTERLAN for foundries are mainly framed within the following areas of collaboration:
- Development of innovative alloys and optimization of mechanical properties from the metallic materials.
- Efficiency improvement of casting processes.
- Product optimization.
- Development and implementation of 4.0 solutions for foundries. Process digitalization.
- Eco-innovation oriented towards the reduction of environmental impacts and to the improvement of energy efficiency.
- Strategies for weight reduction and improvement of specific properties (behavior to fatigue, corrosion, surface optimization…)