New materials and processes to mitigate the effect of corrosion
The Corrosion and Metallic Materials Protection research line of IK4-AZTERLAN generates and transfers expert knowledge to mitigate the effect of this phenomenon, helping metallic transformation industries create more durable and robust materials and components.
The main action-fields of this area are the following:
- Development of new alloys with improved properties
- Creation of innovative anti-corrosion and anti-fouling coatings of low environmental impact
- Development strategies to protect from corrosion and oxidation
- Optimization of industrial processes to improve the behavior of manufactured components in hostile working environments
- Development of multi-functional surfaces and behavior prediction