New materials and processes to mitigate the effect of corrosion
The Corrosion and Metallic Materials Protection research line of AZTERLAN generates and transfers expert knowledge to mitigate the effect of this phenomenon, helping metallic transformation industries create more durable and robust materials and components.
The main action-fields of this area are the following:
- Development of new alloys with improved properties
- Creation of innovative anti-corrosion and anti-fouling coatings of low environmental impact
- Development strategies to protect from corrosion and oxidation
- Optimization of industrial processes to improve the behavior of manufactured components in hostile working environments
- Development of multi-functional surfaces and behavior prediction