The chemical area of IK4-AZTERLAN is equipped with top level techniques allowing results reliability to be combined with a fast response.
A very wide analytical offer is complemented by the expertise and deep knowledge of the technicians allowing them to provide an individualized response to the specific needs of certain materials.
The tests are grouped as follows according to methodologies or types of material:
1. Determination of major components, minor components and/or traces in different types of material:
2. Immission characterization.
3. Physical/chemical analysis of industrial disposals, water and leachates.
4. Characterization of sand, slag and waste from fusion processes.
5. Chemical characterization of carbonaceous materials (coal, anthracite, graphite, recarburisers…).
6. Characterization of compounds using X-Ray Diffraction.
7. Studies on metallic material thermal expansion coefficients and critical stage transformation temperatures.
8. Characterization of the degree of cleanliness of pieces.
9. Calorimetric determinations.
10. “On-site” chemical composition tests (PMI, classification, separation, certification of materials, etc.) using portable equipments.
The following are among the most relevant sets of equipment:
Jose María Murua
Technological Services Manager
José Antonio Goñi
Structural Characterisation Department Coordinator
Non Destructive Testing Department Coordinator
Chemical Department Coordinator
Corrosion and Protection Department Coordinator
Mechanical Testing Department Coordinator
Cryogenic Treatment Department Coordinator